Apart from my regular Monday Quotes, this blog has been a bit quiet of late. This is because, offline, my life has been frantically busy. This is what I have done in the past few months:
• Submitted my completed PhD thesis for assessment.
• Celebrated the release of two new books – Looking Up and Sage Cookson’s Singapore Sensation.
• Became a Doctor – yes, the thesis has been accepted and I am now allowed to add ‘Doctor’ to the front of my name. My thesis is titled Belonging: Finding a Place In and For Children’s Poetry
• Visited dozens of schools and libraries and spoken to thousands of kids (and their teachers and librarians).
• Finalised edits on the sixth Sage Cookson book: Sage Cookson’s Christmas Ghost, due out in November.
• Prepared for the release of book 5, Sage Cookson’s Literary Launch, which is released tomorrow.
• Presented on a panel bout writing children’s poetry at the Queensland Poetry Festival.
• Started work on Book 7 and 8, coming in 2018
• Started work on another project, hopefully coming in 2019
• Written poems, and drafted a new picturebook.
• Made notes for about a jillion other books I want to write, after I’ve finished the current batch.
I am writing this post sitting at the Brisbane Airport, on my way home from three wonderful days at Kirwan Primary School in Townsville. Tomorrow I will be home, and back at my desk, as well as visiting my dolphins.
I love my life!